[postgis-users] Help with line join

Tim Keitt tkeitt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 15:24:32 PST 2006

I have a coverage composed of linestrings. Because of mostly small gaps in
the original digitizing, some of the linestrings belong together, but appear
in separate rows of the database. It is simple to collect the geometries by
grouping on a particular record in the table. Once I have the collection of
linestrings, I then need to concatenate them together -- basically fill the
gaps. Is there a function in postgis to accomplish that task? I've tried
linemerge without success.

THK

--
Timothy H. Keitt, University of Texas at Austin
Contact info and schedule at http://www.keittlab.org/tkeitt/