[postgis-users] Help urgently needed - geomfromEWKT() / PostGIS on Mac OS X

Christian Heine christian at geosci.usyd.edu.au
Thu Feb 9 18:42:19 PST 2006

Hey Blair,
> Why don't you use use Fink's or DarwinPort's Postgresql/Postgis
> builds instead?
> The Fink postgresql81 package includes Postgis, and DarwinPorts'
> has a separate postgis package.
I know, I don't like the strange way how fink installs things in the /
sw directory. It's hard to keep track of those things and often fink
lags a couple of versions behind the current releases. Think of the
GMT4 distro through fink. Plus sometime you want to build some extras
which is - I guess - not that easy with a fink install.

Don't have any experience with DarwinPorts.

Christian