[postgis-users] could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so"

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Wed Feb 15 06:02:11 PST 2006

Hi,

I try to import a shapefile using the shp2pgsql function. But it
gives me an error message, and I have no idea what it tries to tell
me... ;-)

Can someone clear the sky for me? Thank you very much,

Stef

gridmacss:~ schwarzer$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/shp2pgsql -D Websites/
geodataportal/mod_map/data/so2_cities_pt.shp so2_cities_pt_geom
geodataportal | /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql geodataportal
Shapefile type: Point
Postgis type: POINT[2]
BEGIN
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence
"so2_cities_pt_geom_gid_seq" for serial column "so2_cities_pt_geom.gid"
"so2_cities_pt_geom_pkey" for table "so2_cities_pt_geom"
CREATE TABLE
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so":
Symbol not found: _resolve_polymorphic_argtypes
   Referenced from: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so
   Expected in: /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster

ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
invalid command \N
invalid command \N