[postgis-users] Writing to PostGIS with OGR

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 15 06:40:03 PST 2006

Philippe Wüger wrote:
> I am using GDAL 1.3.1, I can't find 1.3.2 for download. Where is it
> available?

Philippe,

Hmm, sorry about that.  1.3.2 only exists in my head, I meant 1.3.1.
I don't see any sign in the CVS logs that SetFeature was recently implemented
so I suspect there is a bit more going on here.   Is there any change you are
trying to do a SetFeature() on a layer from ExecuteSQL() as opposed to
a "regular" layer fetched via GetLayer() or GetLayerByName()?

You can't do SetFeature() on resultsets from OGRDataSource::ExecuteSQL()
and it would likely give back the error code you saw.

Best regards,