[postgis-users] create spatial table problem

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Tue Feb 21 10:16:39 PST 2006

--- "Kralidis,Tom [Burlington]" <Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca> wrote:

> Not sure.  I do know that we moved the entire database (via pg_dumpall)
> and inserted via psql -f <file> as we moved things across servers.
> Everything else seems to be there (PostGIS enabled MapServer apps work).
> Maybe the oid thing has to be turned on?  I do know we have these
> defined for our previous spatial tables.  How would one enable this?
>
> ..Tom

In newer Postgres versions, oids are disabled by default, you need to
explicitly create tables using "with oids".

To be consistent with this, pg_dump & pg_dumpall do not export oigds by
default, you now need to use -o to force oids to be included in the dump. See:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/app-pg-dumpall.html

Cheers,

  Brent Wood