[postgis-users] PostGIS 1.1.0: Windows Build Instructions - bugs reports -

david techer davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 4 07:26:06 PST 2006

Hi Marc,

In France, few guyes haven't expected to build themselves on Win32 :-)
and helped me to correct my own doc:

They sent me errors and bugs

Error 1: (mea culpa! reported by Jamal BERRICH)
=====
In my documentation, I did a mistake:

it is PGFELIBS="$(echo $(${PGCONFIG} --libdir)/libpq.dll)"

and not

PGFELIBS="$(echo $(${PG_CONFIG} --libdir)/libpq.dll)"

here it should be better I think to use the reports U mentionned in a
precedent mail :-) from "shell and bash"
on mingw/msys instead of my reports.

Error 2: (bug from libiconv dll reported by Alain FERCHAL)
=====

If U used libiconv from
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gnuwin32/libiconv-1.8-1-bin.zip?download

U might have this error when U do 'make' or 'make install'

"The procedure entry point libiconv_close could not be located in the dynamic link library libiconv-2.dll"

So first download

http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gnuwin32/diffutils-2.8.7-1-dep.zip

then

Decompress it in C:\MinGW\bin then rename libiconv2.dll to libiconv-2.dll

Source info: see this link http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/2233

I haven't this error but it is interesting to tell it.

Hope these infos could be helpful.

Sincerely yours.

--david;
Jean David TECHER