[postgis-users] Set a default SRID ?

Arnaud Lesauvage thewild at freesurf.fr
Fri Jan 6 05:45:38 PST 2006

Nicolas Ribot wrote:
> Hi Arnaud,
>
> SRID are not set at the database level but at the table level.
> Each geographic table should have an SRID to conform to OGC standard.
>
> If projection information is not relevant in your case, use -1 for
> SRID, which usually means "no projection system".
>
> Nicolas

Hi Nicolas !

Thanks for your answer.
SRID is not relevant while I am working on the data, but I want to
be able to export my data in different spatial references, that's
why I specified my SRID while importing the data (with shp2pgsql).
Was it wrong to do that ? Should I have imported the data with no
SRID, and converting the spatial coordinates only when doing ther
exports ?

Arnaud