[postgis-users] Hw to Oracle dmp file to postgis /postgresql

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Jan 6 19:43:39 PST 2006

Bruce,

No, I am referring to the full edition of Oracle, that you can
download, as long as you use it for development purposes only.
<http://www.oracle.com/database/index.html> Note the "Free Download"
button to the right. <http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/
htdocs/devlic.html?http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/
database/oracle10g/htdocs/10201ppclinuxsoft.html>

I am not sure of the contents of your dump.  If it's pretty generic
spatial, you could use a tool like FME to pull it out and stuff it
into PostGIS.  If it's more custom, you might find that writing a few
lines of Java code to pull things out and dump them onto disk works
better.

Paul