[postgis-users] Unicode characters greater than 0x10000 errorinpostgresql

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 01:30:26 PST 2006

Hi MingMing,

If the problem is with an INSERT or COPY into a text/varchar field and still
exists under PostgreSQL 8.1, then you would need to email a test case to the
PostgreSQL people - I would recommend joining the pgsql-general list and
sending an example of your command that fails there.

Note there has been some mention on the lists that PostgreSQL 8.0 did still
allow certain illegal Unicode sequences to enter the database which has been
fixed in 8.1 (and so 8.1 will enforce stricter checking), but one of the
locale experts on the mailing lists will be able to help you there.

Kind regards,

Mark.

------------------------
WebBased Ltd
17 Research Way
Plymouth
PL6 8BT

T: +44 (0)1752 797131
F: +44 (0)1752 791023

http://www.webbased.co.uk
http://www.infomapper.com
http://www.swtc.co.uk

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
delete it from your system and notify the sender. You should not copy it or
use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to any other
person.

  _____