[postgis-users] adding new shape data in existing PostGIS table

Kefyalew Sahle kefyalew_sahle at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 11:33:57 PST 2006

                    Dear Michael Fuhr,
 I have tried all the available options for the shp2pgsql. Still I have the problem to add new data in to the existing PostGIS database. Is there any other possibilities.
 With best regards
  Kef

Michael Fuhr <mike at fuhr.org> wrote: On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 09:10:39AM -0800, Kefyalew Sahle wrote:
> Would you please provide me some information how I can append in my existing PostGIS
> database new data that is available in shape format?

See the shp2pgsql documentation -- it has an option to append to a
table.

http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html#id2899793

You can also run shp2pgsql without any arguments to get a help
message.

--
Michael Fuhr