[postgis-users] newbie question

Baris YILMAZ baris_999 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 10:06:50 PST 2006

Hi,

  I am new to postgresql and postgis. I installed postgresql ver 8.1 (windows version) to my computer. I read on the web site that, this also includes the postgis extension. Now, I have a problem. Using the ms console, I created a testdatabase, called mydb which has plpgsql features (with createlang plpgsql [dbname])

  Then, I try to load the postgis tools, with the command,
  psql -d mydb -f postgis.sql
  But i get the error message,
  postgis.sql: No such file or directory

  Can anyone tell me why? In the documentation, it is written that, postgis.sql is included in the installation of postgis, which is in the postgresql ver 8.1 included. But it can't find this file.
  Any help will be appreciated.
  Thank you in Advice
  Baris