[postgis-users] jdbc problem

Gilbert, Antoine AGilbert at korem.com
Mon Jan 16 08:21:59 PST 2006

Hi

I'am fetching records via the PostgreSQL JDBC driver.

I have a strange problem. The string values always have some blank
characters (or tab?) at the end.

So if I have in the database 'British Columbia', it become in my java
program with rs.getString() something like 'British Columbia    '.

The select I'm using is basic : select Province_name from myTable

When I try this query in the PostgreSQL admin console, I don't have this
problem.

Any idea?

PS :  maybe I'am in the wrong forum to post this since it's not really
PostGIS related.