[postgis-users] Problem on ./configure

Jeff Lounsbury jeffloun at refractions.net
Tue Jan 17 09:10:58 PST 2006

I've never had any problems just installing from source
(ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/proj/proj-4.4.9.tar.gz), very simple:

tar –xvzf proj-4.4.9.tar.gz
cd proj-4.4.9
./configure –prefix /opt/proj-4.4.9
make
su
make install
echo /opt/proj-4.4.9/lib >> /etc/ld.so.conf
ldconfig

If you don't have a practical problem using source that is... Sorry if
this is too obvious and you've already considered this option, I thought
there was a slight chance it might help... :-)

Cheers,
-Jeff