[postgis-users] postgres server crash caused by postgis collect() function

Michael Fuhr mike at fuhr.org
Thu Jan 19 10:14:03 PST 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 05:01:14PM +0100, Christian Sengstock wrote:
> i've got a problem with a signal 11 termination of my postgres database. the
> error occurs then querying my geo tables with the collect() function of
> postgis. anyone knows what the signal 11 error means?

On most systems signal 11 is a segmentation fault; it generally
means that a program has attempted to use memory it's not allowed
to use.  That usually indicates a programming bug.

> Postgis_version: 1.0

1.0.what?  What does "SELECT postgis_full_version()" show?  Recent
versions have fixed several crash-causing bugs, so if you're not
running the latest code (1.0.6 or 1.1.0) then try upgrading.  If
you still get crashes then please post a simple but complete test
case so others can try it.

--
Michael Fuhr