[postgis-users] ip mask

Christian Sengstock csengstock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:49:28 PST 2006

Hi,
to match any address on the internet the cidr-address have to be 0.0.0.0/0.
so it's
"host  all  all  0.0.0.0/0  md5"

i would propose reading a little about authentication issues of postgres.
following link is the hba section of the postgres docu:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/client-authentication.html#AUTH-PG-HBA-CONF

greets,
chris

2006/1/19, Sears, Jeremy <Jeremy.Sears at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca>:

> sorry, I ment:
>

>     # TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD
>
>     host    all         all         all/32          md5
>
>     # IPv4 local connections:
>

> In the win32 installer you can opt to allow all connections ...

Christian Sengstock - Tel: 06221 / 650 5889, Mob: 0178 / 38 79 671