[postgis-users] Converting from FAT32 to NTFS for PostgreSQL

Ben Crane crane_ba at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 01:02:28 PST 2006

Hi all,

I'm running on a FAT32 hard drive and PostgreSQL
doesn't really work on it. I am considering
partitioning my harddrive so that a portion of it is
NTFS or maybe the entire thing.

Can anyone tell me if they have had to do this before
in order to get PostgreSQL working and any problems
it's caused? I have tons of stuff on my harddrive of
which the most important is my suitably customized
apache/php/mysql and mapserver info.

Any advice on getting postgreSQL working would be much
appreciated.

Regards
Ben