[postgis-users] Postgis on Solaris 10

Michael Fuhr mike at fuhr.org
Sat Jan 28 18:27:33 PST 2006

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 10:58:17AM +0100, Koen Van Daele wrote:
> I am trying to install Postgis on Solaris 10.
>
> I installed postgresql from blastwave.org (Postgresql 8.1).
[...]
> /opt/csw/postgresql/include/server/port.h:299: error: conflicting types
> for 'unsetenv'
> /usr/include/stdlib.h:188: error: previous declaration of 'unsetenv' was
> here

Apparently port.h is trying to declare unsetenv although the system
headers already do.  If you look in port.h you should see something
like this:

#ifndef HAVE_UNSETENV
extern void unsetenv(const char *name);
#endif

What's the output of the following command?

grep HAVE_UNSETENV /opt/csw/postgresql/include/pg_config.h \
                   /opt/csw/postgresql/include/server/pg_config.h

I'm wondering if your PostgreSQL headers don't properly recognize
that your standard library has unsetenv().  Solaris 9 doesn't have
that function -- is there any chance you installed a Solaris 9
PostgreSQL package instead of one built for Solaris 10?

--
Michael Fuhr