[postgis-users] Postgis on Solaris 10

Michael Fuhr mike at fuhr.org
Sat Jan 28 18:41:07 PST 2006

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 07:27:33PM -0700, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> I'm wondering if your PostgreSQL headers don't properly recognize
> that your standard library has unsetenv().  Solaris 9 doesn't have
> that function -- is there any chance you installed a Solaris 9
> PostgreSQL package instead of one built for Solaris 10?

I've been poking around one of the blastwave mirrors and it looks
like the PostgreSQL packages for Solaris 10 were actually built on
Solaris 8 (SunOS 5.8).  They have names like

postgresql-8.1.0-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz

I think that would explain the problem: the platform-specific
PostgreSQL headers were built on a system that doesn't have unsetenv()
but your system does have it.  Try building PostgreSQL from source
or looking for a package that was built on Solaris 10.

--
Michael Fuhr