[postgis-users] Oh! Topology!

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Jan 30 14:00:55 PST 2006

Steve,

I am glad you are excited, and hope you will help:

On 30-Jan-06, at 10:48 AM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> Have you tried to load Tiger data into it yet?

No, have not, Would love for some to do so.

> What problems, issues, challenges do you see doing this? (yes a see
> this is very early in the development cycle, thats ok! everything
> has to start somewhere)

No idea, need feedback/

> I have not seen the SQL/MM spec can you send me a copy?

Nope, not allowed to distribute it, I only was lucky enough to have
access through the OGC reciprocity agreement with ISO.

> Do you have a product roadmap that you can share?

Nope, this is where you come in.  Start trying to use it and say (a)
what is busted and (b) what is missing.

> Trying to understand what's missing and when it might be available :)

In lieu of trying to implement everything at once, I think we should
implement what we need.  Eventually we should have all the functions
in the oracle topology model and all the ones in the ISO model too.
But rather than do them alphabetically I would like to do them in
order of usefulness.  This is where you come in...

Paul