[postgis-users] Front Range Colorado Open Source Group

Brian Timoney brian at thetimoneygroup.com
Fri Jul 7 16:04:02 PDT 2006

All:

For those of you land-locked in the beautiful Front Range of the Rocky
Mountains, we invite you to participate in a newly formed group that will
promote the use of geospatial open-source technologies including PostGIS--

FRUGOS (Front Range Users of Geospatial Open Source)

http://groups.google.com/group/frugos

Rather than be a list for technical advice--you can get that here or at the
other software-specific lists, it's more geared to sharing experiences and tips
for implementing open source software to accomplish real world goals for our
clients and within our organizations.  Another goal is to encourage the use of
open source in educational settings, both among college students enrolled in
GIS programs as well as educators looking to harness their students' enthusiasm
for geography.

In addition to the list, we'll be looking to get together once a quarter or so
for hands-on demos with laptops and socializing.

Stop by and say hello.

Thanks,

Brian

The Timoney Group