[postgis-users] My crusade to get the real angle

Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha ezequias at recife.pe.gov.br
Mon Jul 10 04:51:39 PDT 2006

Hi list,

I am still on my crusade to my real angle (not azimuth).  Even with the
mapserver doesen't helping me with labels I am sill trying to retrieve
the real angle of a linestring.

As you should know I have the azimuth of a set of linestrings and after
a radians to degree conversion I noticed that the XY system is quite
different from the Azimuth system and I need to do some conversions for
each quadrant.

*So my question is:* How do I apply a if statement on Postgis/Postgresql
? I know is is not a Postgis question but I think you could help me.

I am trying to run this command line on psql:

select angulo from mub;
IF ANGLE >= 0 AND ANGLE <=90  THEN
 UPDATE TABLE MUB SET ANGLE = 90 -- ANGLE
END IF;

But it does not work. Any help will be welcomed.

Regards ...

--
Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha
http://ezequiasrocha.blogspot.com
msn:ezequias at hotmail.com
"the worst of democracies is still better than the best of dictatorship"