[postgis-users] ERROR: Operation on two GEOMETRIES withdifferentSRIDs

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Fri Jul 14 06:18:58 PDT 2006

Hi Johan,

Hmmm that makes it a bit more tricky. Unfortunately the SQL being issued is
relying on the implicit cast in PostgreSQL rather than using
GeomFromText()/setSRID() as documented and so its behaviour may change
across PostgreSQL/PostGIS versions - if you do get a chance to update the
SQL in your client software, I would highly recommend it.

As for the symptoms you are seeing, I am slightly baffled - can you post the
output of \d <table> for one of your tables that works and your new one that
doesn't, the exact SELECT queries being executed on each table, and can you
confirm that both tables are in the same database running the same version
of PostGIS?

Kind regards,

Mark.

------------------------
WebBased Ltd
17 Research Way
Plymouth
PL6 8BT

T: +44 (0)1752 797131
F: +44 (0)1752 791023

http://www.webbased.co.uk
http://www.infomapper.com
http://www.swtc.co.uk

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
delete it from your system and notify the sender. You should not copy it or
use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to any other
person.