[postgis-users] visual studio

christian.graefe at web.de christian.graefe at web.de
Wed Jul 19 06:19:44 PDT 2006

Hi,

i would suggest you try a native ado.net provider like
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/npgsql/ or
http://sf.net/projects/pgsql

Be aware that these provider don't have design-time support,
but both run very stable. IMHO the second one performs slightly better
than the first.

The second task is , to connect to the database and read the geometries out of it.
Now you have to write your own WKB/WKT parser to get the geometry information.

My hint: Take a look at SharpMap(http://sharpmap.iter.dk/) this is a native C# mapping
library which supports postgis data sources and many more. give it try.

BR
/Christian