[postgis-users] How to terminate postgres.exe processesautomatically after queries

Baris YILMAZ baris_999 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 06:08:52 PDT 2006

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your reply. I solved the matter. I closed the database connection with close() function in JDBC. Previously, It was not executed.
Now It is ok..
Thank you again.

Baris

Mark Cave-Ayland <m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk> wrote:        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}         st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }           Hi Baris,

  This is more a PostgreSQL question than a PostGIS question, but PostgreSQL creates one process per connection to the database, so it sounds as if your JDBC driver/app is either not closing used connections, or making use of some kind of connection pooling mechanism which is configured for a large pool size.

  Kind regards,

  Mark.
    ------------------------
 WebBased Ltd
 17 Research Way
 Plymouth
 PL6 8BT

 T: +44 (0)1752 797131
 F: +44 (0)1752 791023

 http://www.webbased.co.uk
 http://www.infomapper.com
 http://www.swtc.co.uk

 This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to any other person.