[postgis-users] Problems with Debian and Postgis

Nabil Servais nabil.servais at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 05:53:48 PDT 2006

Hello,
First sorry for my language, I'm French user.
 I've installed postgresql 8.1.4 with Postgis on a Debian, there's no
problem with the compilation.
But I did an upgrade with apt-get and then, it installed the version
7.4.1 of postgre which makes a  conflict between the two versions. I can
use the program of the version in the folder of install.
It's also impossible to uninstall the version 7 with apt-get because he
prevents me of he 's not considered postgresql 7 is installed.

Also I've got a little problem  with postgis, I can't use lwpostgis.sql
and spatial_ref_sys.sql, it warm of error such as :

psql:/usr/local/pgsql/share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:3252: ERREUR:  La
transaction courante est annulée, les commandes sont ignorées jusqu'à la
fon du bloc de la transaction
psql:/usr/local/pgsql/share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:3261: ERREUR:  La
transaction courante est annulée, les commandes sont ignorées jusqu'à la
fon du bloc de la transaction
psql:/usr/local/pgsql/share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:3271: ERREUR:  La
transaction courante est annulée, les commandes sont ignorées jusqu'à la
fon du bloc de la transaction
psql:/usr/local/pgsql/share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:3281: ERREUR:  La
transaction courante est annulée, les commandes sont ignorées jusqu'à la
fon du bloc de la transaction
psql:/usr/local/pgsql/share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:3323: ERREUR:  La
transaction courante est annulée, les commandes sont ignorées jusqu'à la
fon du bloc de la transaction
psql:/usr/local/pgsql/share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:3358: ERREUR:  La
transaction courante est annulée, les commandes sont ignorées jusqu'à la
fon du bloc de la transaction

Thanks