[postgis-users] problems running lwpostgis.sql - undefined symbol: nth

Jessica M Salmon jmsalmon at fs.fed.us
Wed Jun 14 10:03:20 PDT 2006

Have you tried

echo /usr/local/lib/ >> /etc/ld.so.conf
ldconfig -v

?

             Brian Caruso
             <bdc34 at cornell.ed
             u>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  PostGIS Users Discussion
             postgis-users-bou         <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.
             nces at postgis.refr         net>
             actions.net                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             06/14/2006 10:55          Re: [postgis-users] problems
             AM                        running lwpostgis.sql - undefined
                                       symbol:     nth

             Please respond to
               PostGIS Users
                Discussion
             <postgis-users at po
             stgis.refractions
                   .net>

Thanks for the advice but the issue still looms.

sherman wrote:
> Did you run:
>   createlang plpgsql yourtestdatabase
> on your database prior to running the lwpostgis.sql script?

I did execute that command and it seems to have been successful.
Just to make sure I dropped my test database, created a new one,
ran this command then got the same error as before.

strk wrote:
> Try make clean, the library seems built for a different PostgreSQL
version.

I did that and got the same result:

psql:/usr/local/src/postgresql-8.1.4/contrib/postgis-1.1.2
/lwpostgis.sql:51:
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.1":
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.1: undefined symbol: nth

I've been configuring postgis with --prefix='/usr/local/pgsql' as that
is where postgres got installed. Is that the correct thing to do?  If I
don't do this I get a message when running lwpostgis.sql that
liblwgeom.so.1.1 cannot be found.

--
Brian Caruso
Programmer/Analyst