[postgis-users] Re: Re: new entry for spatial_ref_sys.sql - Austrian "standard" projection

Gabriel Ebner ge at gabrielebner.at
Sun Jun 18 03:38:07 PDT 2006

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 12:49:23PM +0200, Michael Haberler wrote:
> I got this projection example from a  local GIS company, and it seems to work for data from different sources so far

Then it might be ok for your dataset, however it doesn't look like anything
standard.  Do you notice a 150m shift between the dataset and other data (cf.
datum transformation)?

> the only difference I can discern from EPSG 31287 is +lat_0=48 instead of  +lat_0=47.5

And the possible datum shift.

> I'm not a projection expert.. is your parameter set equivalent to this change in results?

There's just a difference of 60km between the y-coordinates. :)
So the projection you've been given seems to be the right one for the dataset,
even though it's not any one I know of.

  Gabriel.