[postgis-users] length and area in the schema

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Sun Jun 18 17:54:15 PDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 02:53:20PM +0200, Emilia Venturato wrote:
> Hi all,
> I use postgresql/postgis (PostgreSQL 8.1.4/ POSTGIS 1.1.2) on Debian etch. I
> have database with schemas.
> I found a problem with length and area functions when geometric tables are in
> the schema.
> It seems use different function for lenght where search_path is limited to the
> schema.
> I think this is misleading, as the user have problems knowing which length and
> area (s)he's getting.
>
> Someone could help me?

Do you think it would it help to have all postgis functions defined
in the 'postgis' schema ? You can try this yourself by setting
the first item in the search_path to 'postgis' before including
the lwpostgis.sql and spatial_ref_sys.sql files.

I'm actually not sure everything would work, but it's worth a try.

--strk;