[postgis-users] old data loads but not new ...

Sears, Jeremy Jeremy.Sears at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Mar 2 08:40:17 PST 2006

Hi All,
Im having a problem with postgresql/postgis. We have been working with this
database for some time now. All of the tables that contain geometry have
been created in older versions of post (7 - 8.0). We have upgraded since
then and now use postgresql8.1 with updated postgis. Mapserver and Qgis can
connect to the older tables and display the geometry associated with them.
We have recently added a new spatial table, using what I understand to be
the same methodology that was used to add the other spatial tables. Neither
Mapserver nor Qgis can connect the this new table. The table is identical to
one of the older tables in everyway ( except the new table has different
records ). QGIS give the following error when I try to connect to the new
table:

..thetable has no primary key nor oid column...etc .. the table should be
indexed..

I have reindexed the database to no avail. Im relativly new to this so I am
hoping that someone on the list recoginizes this issue and can advise on
what to do. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

Thanks
Jeremy