[postgis-users] SuSE RPM

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Thu Mar 16 22:43:11 PST 2006

--- Chris Puttick <c.puttick at oxfordarch.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is anyone interested in working on a SuSE RPM for PostGIS and related
> software? I will be in a position to provide hosting of the results (and
> possibly other projects) sometime next quarter, and pending recruitment, some
> technical resource on maintenance and testing.
>
> Something like the now vanished LinGIS collection would be good...

I'm interested, primarily in A64, as that is what I'm using. So far I've been
compiling from source, but if someone can provide tech advice on how to build
SUSE RPM's, I'm happy to help out. My development skills are near zero, so some
hand holding to get things started may be needed!

Are you aware of the SUSE RPM's available at:

 http://www.gdf-hannover.de/media.php?id=1&lg=en

Cheers,

  Brent Wood