[postgis-users] Finding start edges of a shortest path when starting point is not at a vertex

Fay Du fay.du at versaterm.com
Tue Mar 21 06:36:16 PST 2006

Hi all:

Pgdijkstra returns shortest path from vertex to vertex. In my
application, the network is a road network. All houses are along the
roads. After I find the shortest from vertex to vertex, I need to match
the start/end of the route to the right road segment (edge). For
example, if the house is in the middle of a road segment, I need to add
the distance to the total distance and show the route start at the
middle of the edge instead of the end vertex of the road in route map.
Are there any code/example doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Fay