[postgis-users] Question about the Linux Source RPM

DANTE ALEXANDRA ALEXANDRA.DANTE at BULL.NET
Wed Mar 22 05:27:40 PST 2006

Hello List,

I am a PostGIS newbie and I've got a question about the Linux Source rpm
"postgis-1.1.0-2.src.rpm" available at the address
"http://postgis.refractions.net/rpms/SRPMS/".

I worked on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 AS, on a IA64 platform and I have
launched this command :
rpm -i postgis-1.1.0-2.src.rpm.

By doing this, I get under the directory SOURCES, 3 files :
    - postgis-1.1.0.tar.gz
    - filter-requires-perl-Pg.sh
    - postgis-jdbcdedectver.sh
and under the directory SPECS, the "postgis-1.1.0.spec" file.

My questions are about the two files "filter-requires-perl-Pg.sh" and
"postgis-jdbcdedectver.sh" : why are they include in the source rpm ?
for what are they used ?

I have compiled the release 1.1.1 of PostGIS from the source file
"postgis-1.1.1.tar.gz <postgis-1.1.1.tar.gz>" and I don't see these files.
Are they included in the "tar.gz" file ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Alexandra DANTE