[postgis-users] getPrefix() lies me?

marcos boullón magán marcosboullon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 08:29:11 PST 2006

> I don't know OrbisCAD, but I can imagine that it was written with
> PostGIS 0.X in mind where PGbox2D did not exist, and the server always
> returned a BOX3D object at extent(). So it is the server that changed
> output, breaking a client.

Oh! Please forget this message, as there was not a problem with
PostGIS but with OrbisCAD. Developers were using PostGIS 0.x, they
have just updated to last PostgreSQL/PostGIS versions and many bugs
are arising in their code this week.

> However, your patch does too much IMHO, it completely throws away the
> first word. I see value in catching strange errors e. G. from
> accidentaly feeding a MULTIPOINT(1 2 3, 4 5 6) into the PGbox3D parser.

Yes, my quick and dirty hacks usually make a lot of assumptions, and
produce collateral damage. :D

> Are you in contact with the OrbisCAD developers? Do you know what they
> think about it? Should we escalate the discussion to their list / forum
> / group or whatever?

Don't worry about that. I'll contact with them.

Thanks a lot for your answer and your time,

M.

--
-- marcos boullón magán