[postgis-users] getPrefix() lies me?

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Fri Mar 24 08:41:02 PST 2006

Hi, Marcos,

marcos boullón magán wrote:

> Oh! Please forget this message, as there was not a problem with
> PostGIS but with OrbisCAD. Developers were using PostGIS 0.x, they
> have just updated to last PostgreSQL/PostGIS versions and many bugs
> are arising in their code this week.

Ah, okay, if they need any help, they can ask here.

>>However, your patch does too much IMHO, it completely throws away the
>>first word. I see value in catching strange errors e. G. from
>>accidentaly feeding a MULTIPOINT(1 2 3, 4 5 6) into the PGbox3D parser.
>
> Yes, my quick and dirty hacks usually make a lot of assumptions, and
> produce collateral damage. :D

It was a good hack for bug diagnostics and reporting, but I'd hesitate
to commit it into production code. :-)

> Don't worry about that. I'll contact with them.
>
> Thanks a lot for your answer and your time,

No problem. You pointed me to a real, existing backwards compatibility
problem, and it has to be discussed where and how to solve it.

HTH,
Markus