[postgis-users] Problem when installing on Windows XP SP2

Lauro Bolado laurobolado at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 26 16:29:16 PST 2006

Hello Mark.

First of all, thank you for answering the e-mail i sent before. I check the
things you suggested about checking the file in the appropriate directory
and the permissions on that file and everything seemed ok, and i'm still
having the same problem i had before.

I changed some things to check if the problem was because of file location
or permissions. First of all, i uninstalled PostgreSQL completelly from
C:\Program Files and installed it again at C:\PostgreSQL (i thought maybe
the spaces were doing more harm than good, so i did this to check). Also i
gave full control to the postgres user right from the C:\ drive (so that the
user could have full control over the entire disk).

One thing i noticed was that i tried to include the postgres user as an
Administrator, but remove this option cause as this role, the database
couldn't even get started. So i took it out and include him only as part of
the Users role with full access to the entire drive.

I'm sending some pictures here about the error, and the file location and
access permissions to the postgres user. I hate to give you problems, but i
would be deeply appreciated if you could help me a little bit more in
solving this situation.

As always, thank you very much for your support.

Best regards,

Lauro Bolado.