[postgis-users] JtsBinaryWriter and SRIDs

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Mon Mar 27 04:37:44 PST 2006

Hi, Paolo,

P.Rizzi Ag.Mobilità Ambiente wrote:

> I can set the SRID of the geometry instances, but not the one of their
> factory and,
> since JtsBinaryWriter uses the one from the factory, I cannot change it.

That's an interesting point. Initially, I implemented it using the
geometry SRID methods. The reason why I changed to the GeometryFactory
methods was because Geometry.getSrid and Geometry.setSrid were
deprecated in JTS 1.6.

It seems that this has changed in 1.7. The code is effectively the same,
but the methods are not deprecated any more.

Re-Changing it back to the Geometry SRID attributes will allow me to
abandon the ugly GeometryFactory cache, and thus liften the build
dependency on trove4j.

However, it'll break potential apps that depend on the Geometry Factory
SRID being equal to the Geomery SRID.

What do you think about it?

HTH,
Markus