[postgis-users] Exporting to Shape file from Java

Graham Stewart graham at mobilefoundry.net
Mon Mar 27 10:20:58 PST 2006

I have an application that does some spatial processing using PostGIS
and needs to be able to output a shape file. I can certainly do this
using pgsql2shp although that's not ideal as it would require to be
distributed with the java application to potentially different platforms.

Is there either a way to create the shape file from java or a sql
command that will invoke pgsql2shp on the server that I could use to
write the shape files to a shared directory?

thanks
Graham