[postgis-users] Question about the postgis-1.1.0.spec file

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Tue Mar 28 04:07:57 PST 2006

Hi, Alexandra,

DANTE ALEXANDRA wrote:

> I talk about the spec file obtained from the Linux Source rpm
> "postgis-1.1.0-2.src.rpm" available at the address
> "http://postgis.refractions.net/rpms/SRPMS/".

Okay, IC.

> Could you explain me what can I do with the sub-packages "utils" and
> "jdbc2" ?

As I don't know the exact RPM contents (using self-compiled and Debian
over here), I can only guess, but I think, as I already wrote, that
"utils" are the client-side command line utilities and "jdbc2" is the
Java Driver extension.

> When I launch the command : rpm -i postgis-1.1.0-2.src.rpm, I get under
> the directory SOURCES, 3 files : postgis-1.1.0.tar.gz,
> filter-requires-perl-Pg.sh, postgis-jdbcdedectver.sh.
> Could you explain me why are the "filter-requires-perl-Pg.sh" and
> "postgis-jdbcdedectver.sh" are include in the source rpm ? for what are
> they used ?

I think this question has to be answered by those people maintaining the
RPM packaging, I've no idea.

HTH,
Markus