[postgis-users] Question about the postgis-1.1.0.spec file

DANTE ALEXANDRA ALEXANDRA.DANTE at BULL.NET
Mon Mar 27 22:34:34 PST 2006

Hi Markus,

I talk about the spec file obtained from the Linux Source rpm
"postgis-1.1.0-2.src.rpm" available at the address
"http://postgis.refractions.net/rpms/SRPMS/".
Could you explain me what can I do with the sub-packages "utils" and
"jdbc2" ?

When I launch the command : rpm -i postgis-1.1.0-2.src.rpm, I get under
the directory SOURCES, 3 files : postgis-1.1.0.tar.gz,
filter-requires-perl-Pg.sh, postgis-jdbcdedectver.sh.
Could you explain me why are the "filter-requires-perl-Pg.sh" and
"postgis-jdbcdedectver.sh" are include in the source rpm ? for what are
they used ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Alexandra