[postgis-users] Text missing from previous message

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 05:48:54 PST 2006

Hi Lauro,

Hmmm I'm running out of ideas as to why the installer isn't working for you.
The only other thing I have noticed is that your PostgreSQL database is
installed in C:\PostgreSQL as opposed to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL. Would
you be willing to retry the PostGIS installer with PostgreSQL installed in
the default location?

Also, if you are re-initialising your database cluster (deleting the data
directory), can you try temporarily installing the supplied PostGIS 1.0.4 to
see if that will load for you? If this works, you can always go back to the
PostgreSQL installer and remove it before re-running the PostGIS 1.1.1
installer.

Also just one more note: you shouldn't have to post screenshots to the
mailing list unless someone specifically asks you - some people may not be
able to view them. The easiest method is probably to use the cut and paste
functions to copy any output from the DOS window to the clipboard and then
pasting it into an email.

Kind regards,

Mark.

------------------------
WebBased Ltd
17 Research Way
Plymouth
PL6 8BT

T: +44 (0)1752 797131
F: +44 (0)1752 791023

http://www.webbased.co.uk
http://www.infomapper.com
http://www.swtc.co.uk

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
delete it from your system and notify the sender. You should not copy it or
use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to any other
person.