[postgis-users] Storing waypoints in Postgres

Andreas Ritterbusch aritterbusch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 04:34:57 PST 2006

Marc:

See if GPSBabel (gpsbabel.org) could do the trick for you. It may take some
time to figure out the sheer endless settings, but it may be your solution
(it has yet to fail for me). Use gpsbabel to convert your text file into
something QGIS or PostGIS understands, such as GML and see if that works.
Maybe your GPS data collector exports GPX? Seems to be the GPS file format
most widely supported by now. Then going from GPS to GML should be easier
than custom-defining the parameters of your text file in GPSBabel.

Good luck,

Andreas.