[postgis-users] Dump restore under Windows?

fabrice.thevenon fabrice.thevenon at laposte.net
Tue May 9 02:29:36 PDT 2006

Hello !
We use postgis 1.1.1 and postgreSQL 8.1.3 under windows (binaries) and pgAdmin III.
I am a bit confused with dump / restore procedures (samples given in the docs are often coupled with UNIX scripts).
Is it possible to get  samples (under windows, with pgAdmin or DOS commands) to do the following :
1 ) dump and restore all the roles of the databases (should the roles be saved alone or inside a database ?).
2 ) dump and restore a single postgis database
3 ) dump and restore a single postgis table (with grants, index, projection,
)
4 ) restore the dumped data on another machine ?
Those steps are very important and it would be great to share a dedicate page (WIKI ?) with simple samples.
I will sum.
Thank you !
Fabrice

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34 €/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)