[postgis-users] Resolved - Error from lwpostgis.sql re: GEOS

Daniel Ricard ricardd at mathstat.dal.ca
Thu May 11 15:43:29 PDT 2006

Hello,
The error that I was getting when loading lwpostgis.sql stemmed from GEOS and
PROJ4 being in non-conventional locations.

The quick fix was to symlink the GEOS and PROJ4 libraries from the postgreSQL
lib directory (/usr/local/postgresql/lib/ in the following) to their
non-conventional locations:

> cd /usr/local/postgresql/lib/
> sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libgeos* .
> sudo ln -s /usr/local/proj4/lib/libproj.* .

Thanks for all your help.
Gracias a todos.
Obrigado a todos.

Dan