[postgis-users] Performance of seperate spatial data

Eric Lam elam at lisasoft.com
Thu May 11 18:35:10 PDT 2006

Hello list,

would there be any performance gain if I were to put all the
spatial/geometry data in one table and the other attributes [numbers,
text ..] in a seperate table? If so, what would be the correct way to
link the two tables? A correlating index on both tables?

All my queries will actually need to access both the attributes table
and the spatial table if I were to split them up.

Is there a good test to determine the performace bewtween having 2
tables and just 1 table I can run to check it out?

Regards
Eric Lam