[postgis-users] new user = new problems

matteo rossi matteo.rossi at uniroma1.it
Wed May 24 07:32:11 PDT 2006

Hi,
I recently installed postgre 8.1 with postgis 1.1.2-1 for windows xp.
I experienced many problems in following the steps suggested into the
postgis manual uploaded in postgis site, especially about importing
shapefiles, as it should concern other version than mine.
The first problem if when I use the psql, the database created is NOT a
spatial database but a simple postgres one.
How I can transform it in a spatial one?
How can I directly create a spatial database?
I tried with

|psql -d yourtestdatabase -f lwpostgis.sql
psql -d yourtestdatabase -f spatial_ref_sys.sql

but the "psql" command and the *.sql files are not under the same
directory, so the shell don't recognize them.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot

matteo rossi

--