[postgis-users] new user = new problems

Carlos Ferrão cferrao at gmail.com
Wed May 24 08:15:37 PDT 2006

Ciao Matteo,
If you're using windows XP you don't really need to use psql.
First install postgres. Disable the postgis spatial extension. Install
postgres as a service and initialize a db cluster.
After that, install postGIS. In the installation procedure you can
create a database which will be spatially enabled.
For further operations on the database (create schema, etc.) you can
use the application pgAdmin III which is much visually rich and
powerful than the command line psql.

Siamo vicini, sono anche in Roma.
Buona giornata,
Carlos.