[postgis-users] new user = new problems

matteo rossi matteo.rossi at uniroma1.it
Wed May 24 08:56:55 PDT 2006

Dear Carlos,
I did exactly what you just wrote but it didn't work.
I installed postgres without the postgis extension as service.
After that I installed postgis.
But if I create a new database from pgAdmin III the db is NOT a spatial one.
In order to "upgrade" it to a spatial one, I had to use the command
lines below

C:\Programmi\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>psql -U postgres -d db_prova -f
../share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql
C:\Programmi\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>psql -U postgres -d db_prova -f
../share/contrib/apatial_ref_sys.sql

Now I have a spatial database but this kind of procedure seeems to be
not so "user friendly" as I read on the manual! :-)

buona giornata anche a te!
Matteo