[postgis-users] Downloading PostGIS for Windows installer - circular links that lead nowhere?

dnrg dananrg at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 06:28:22 PDT 2006

I'm trying to download the latest Windows installer
for PostGIS. What am I doing wrong?

This page:

   http://postgis.refractions.net/download/

Refers to this page:

   Mark's Development Page
   http://www.webbased.co.uk/mca

Which in turn refers to this page:

   http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller

This brings me to download options for:

pginstaller and pginstaller-ja (what's the difference?
I don't need the raw source code, but an installer
with binaries)

... had to register to "download" anything...

Clicking on pginstaller brings me to this page:

http://pgfoundry.org/frs/?group_id=1000007&release_id=438

Finally, I am lead to a page that reads:

   This is the 8.1.2 release of PostgreSQL. Please use
   the standard download mirrors to download!

That's when I gave up. Please advise.

Ultimately, I'll be running PostGIS and PostgreSQL on
Linux, but for testing and development I'd like to use
Windows XP.

Dana