[postgis-users] Geospatial LinuxLive distro?

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Sat May 27 12:34:39 PDT 2006

--- dnrg <dananrg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Steven. I will have a look at OpenEV.
>
> Do you happen to know if there are any LinuxLive
> distros out there that contain GIS clients like uDig,
> QGIS, GRASS, etc, with some rudimentary spatial data
> to play with? Seems to me like it would be a fun way
> to expose people to open source GIS.
>
> The distro could strip out non-essential,
> non-geospatial apps to make everything fit on one CDR.

See GIS Knoppix.
http://sourcepole.ch/sources/software/gis-knoppix/index.xml

the STAR DC from AIT,
http://www.star.ait.ac.th/~yann/starcd/

or see this article on the QGIS website describing how to build your own LiveCD
with QGIS (or whatever)
http://qgis.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=63&Itemid=58

as well as some others listed on FrozenTech's list of LivECDs (select GIS &
update the list), see

Brent Wood