[postgis-users] PgArc and postgis 1.0

joanne cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed May 31 01:52:40 PDT 2006

Hi List,

I'm just getting started with postgres and postgis, and was wondering about the current status of PgArc for linking to arcmap 9.x. I have got PgArc working to the stage that I can load tables and view the features in arcmap, but when I try and edit them and write back to the postgres database I get an error as follows:

error: CPostgisTable.dumpToPostgis
Error number: -2.147217887
ERROR: parse error -invalid geometry

I get this whether I try and save the original table or create a new one. When I then try and reload the orginal table it appears broken in arcmap, and doesn't display.

Is there any work happening on a new version of PgArc or does anyone have a fix for this problem?

Thanks

Jo Cook

Joanne Cook BSc MLitt AIFA
Information Systems Coordinator